An Official Registered Charity, sponsored by
Leeds Feeds the Homeless
We are Homeless Street Angels - An Award-Winning Charity. We currently provide outreach every Thursday evening on the streets of Leeds City Centre, handing out hot and cold food, clean clothes, toiletries and more. We also provide ongoing support for our guys that we have helped to rehouse in Headingley.
Homeless Street Angels was established in 2017, and in October 2019 we were officially granted charity status which has been a great step forward for us.
We believe that homeless and marginalised individuals are capable of change and will only achieve their full potential when offered a safe, supportive, empowering and non-judgemental environment – it is our vision to provide such an environment and meaningful activities which will help reverse the spiral of homelessness.
From this point on we refer to the homeless as our ‘clients’. Our dream is to open a day centre called "Abi House" in memory of our sister who passed away in August 2017.
We are currently working with Leeds City Council and Housing Options to re-house people off the streets and are part of the Leeds Homeless Charter to help eradicate homelessness in Leeds. Once re-housed, we continue to provide ongoing support by providing food parcels and any additional help they may require.
Please note that we are currently full for volunteers at the moment but we are still welcoming donations and any help through fundraising.
Please get in touch for your nearest drop-off points.
Although we are currently full for volunteers at the moment, you can still apply if you wish and we will add you on the waiting list.
Donate To A Great Cause
If you would like to make a donation to help us carry on our great charity work with the homeless, please donate using the link below. Every donation counts.
Our Homeless Street Angels Team
Becky Joyce - Co-founder & Director
Shelley Joyce - Co-founder & Director
Michelle Mercer - Head of Outreach
Sammi Shapero - Fundraising Co-ordinator
Ami Stocks - Housing Co-ordinator
Emma Brown - our dog lady
Our Mission Statement
Working to get the homeless off the street into a stable environment and way of life they are able to uphold, with continued ongoing support from the Homeless Street Angels
Homeless Street Angels strive to:
- provide a warm, safe, non-judgmental environment.
- train staff and volunteers to engage with our clients and form professional boundaried relationships.
- use these relationships to promote growth in our clients self esteem, confidence and aspirations.
- provide information, support and, where necessary, practical help that will empower people to make and act on informed choices arrived at by themselves.
- Work with the local community to arrange activities which are likely to enhance our clients skills and raise self-confidence as a first step towards changing their lives.
- encourage and empower our clients to make life changing decisions to enhance their future
- promote the needs of our clients and marginalised people locally by means of high quality PR, thereby helping to reduce discrimination towards them and influencing the local community to become more supportive and less judgemental.
The aims of Homeless Street Angels will be:
- work, via our drop-in facilities, with individuals above the age of 16 (and their families and friends where appropriate) who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, exclusion or disadvantage because of their lifestyles, and to support the resolution of any issues they may have with substance abuse.
- provide activities which help individuals to develop life skills in literacy, numeracy, IT and financial management and to gain self-esteem, confidence and a sense of wellbeing through meaningful recreational pursuits and therapies. Thereby, enabling them to move on in their lives away from dependency into self-sufficiency via employment, education or training.
- signpost guests towards housing, social care and treatment options.
- offer complementary therapies to enhance guests’ wellbeing.
- raise local awareness of the needs of the homeless and socially excluded people, and increase the ownership of the project by the community.
- generate funds for all of the above by charitable or commercial means.
In The News
LEEDS HOMELESS STREET ANGELS DONATE 80 CHRIStmas dinners & presents TO HOMELESS IN LEEDS
THE OUTSTANDING LEEDS WOMEN WHO MADE AN IMPACT in 2019
FOrmer rough sleeper praises leeds charity as he starts new job and applies for university
LEEDs homeless street angels delight at charity status
The Leeds volunteers ‘believing in’ the homeless
Alan Sugar praises work of Leeds Homeless Street Angels.
Big-hearted twins organise summer ‘hoedown’ in aid of the homeless in Leeds.
Community turns out to support Leeds’ homeless
YCA - volunteer of the year 2018
Winner of Yorkshire Choice Awards Local Fundraiser of the Year 2019
Winner of Yorkshire Choice Awards Volunteer of the Year 2018 – Becky Joyce
Winner of Simply Ladies Inc. Woman of the Year 2019 – Becky Joyce
Ryan Jones – Going from Homeless to a Home & Job
We met Ryan Jones over a year ago on the street who had been sleeping rough for 4 years and would never ask anyone for help. Creating a bond and trust with Ryan, we were able to help get him off the street and into a place to live and provide ongoing support and food parcels every week. One year on, Ryan has turned his life around and now has a job with Skopes and also hopes to go to university to study Psychology.
Providing a warm, safe, non-judgmental environment
Creating a bond and trust with our clients to help them work towards a better life.
We promote growth in our clients self-esteem, confidence and aspirations.
Donators & Supporters
Thank you to all our donators and supporters for helping Homeless Street Angels in providing life-changing support for the homeless.
If you would like to get in touch please fill out the form below and we will be in contact as soon as we can. Alternatively you can call or email us:
Tel: 0777 920 1600
Monday to Friday: 8.00am - 5.00pm
Saturday: 8.00am - 3.30pm
Registered Charity No: 1158576
Website by Trio Media